Toontown Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon

2 posters

Go down

Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon Empty Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon

Post by Xeviya Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 pm

This is NOT done and I will add more!

Soundless

Many toons believe soundless toons are useless – but I know, being one, we certainly are not! This guide is for newer soundless toons, and it seems like a lot of information, but believe me, it isn’t as complicated or as confusing as it looks! Eventually all this will just be common sense at the top of your head.

Not only are you memorizing Cog health, you’re memorizing what works on certain cogs, but with the gag track you don’t have, sound. Strange, huh?

Firstly, here is the Cog Health chart:

Level 1 6 Health Points
Level 2 12 Health Points
Level 3 20 Health Points
Level 4 30 Health Points
Level 5 42 Health Points
Level 6 56 Health Points
Level 7 72 Health Points
Level 8 90 Health Points
Level 9 110 Health Points
Level 10 132 Health Points
Level 11 156 Health Points
Level 12 200 Health Points

It is best to avoid sound factory runs, as low cogs means they will most likely get every cog every time without giving you a chance to attack. However, all the boss battles and Mints, DA Offices and Cog Golf Courses will most likely be better if you join in, in a sound run as they have higher level cogs. I am only going to give combinations of levels 8-12, as those are the only ones you might need to add a gag to.

Here is a Sound Damage and Gag Chart:

Bike Horn 4 Damage
Whistle 7 Damage
Bugle 11 Damage
Aoogah 16 Damage
Elephant Trunk 21 Damage
Fog Horn 50 Damage
Opera 90 Damage

Generally soundless toons are the “bosses” as they will know what will work and what won’t with only two or three sounders. Also, for soundless toons it is a good idea to try and shop for sound/sound restock SOSes. Toons with sound in boss battles expect soundless toons to have sound SOSes, or at least restocks so they can continue to sound without running short.

If a cog is attacked with more than one gag of the same track, this adds 20% extra damage. This means you just take 1/5 of the damage already done and add it again. But if it’s a tricky number, such as Fog(50)+Elephant Trunk(21)+Aoogah(16) = 87, I would suggest having a web browser. Just type “what is 20% of _____”, and the answer should pop up. If you are going to do this, I would suggest using Chrome as it is the fastest browser.

• Eg. 50+90+11= 151.
• Click on web browser and type in “what is 20% of 151”
• It will show the answer at the top, which in this case would be 30.
• Add 30 to 151 = 181.
• Now you know that the level 11s will be destroyed because they have 156 health, and it is a good idea to attack the 12 with a seltzer bottle, or whatever you have handy.

If you do not have enough time to do this, just use common sense of how much the sound would do without this bonus. If there are three fogs being used, attack the level 12 with a Big Weight. Sure, 150 + 45 = 95, but now you know that because of having the bonus, the cog will be finished off.

If you know that all the cogs will be finished off without your needing to do anything, and no one needs a toon-up, I would lure, just in-case the sound misses.

When you're first looking for a boarding group, always alert your group that you're soundless and ask them if it's ok. It might seem tedious, but it saves you from having to spend 20+ minutes with toons that can't think outside of the box. A word of advice, pay attention to cog levels if you’re doing a Mint, DA Office or Cog Golf Course. You can do this by always joining battles last, so that way you can see where the level 11s stand, and hit one of them instead of the level 10. Also, I would suggest working on each HQ a little later than most toons start. At least when you have Throw and Squirt maxed you can start on VP.

Playing with Soundless

• Do NOT expect them to join the battle first, if you are doing a Mint, DA Office or Cog Golf Course and the cogs are different levels. They will join once the cogs are lined up. That way they will know to attack the level 11. Even once they join the battle, they will expect the sounders to choose first, or will tell you which gags to use.
• If you’re doing a long factory run, and I cannot stress this enough, do not just invite high toons randomly. Check to see if they are soundless. Take it from me, it is really annoying for us soundless to get invited to a sound run, because it happens a lot more than you’d expect.
• At times, luring is faster than sound if you know how to play right. Do not be afraid to lure for instead of sounding.
• 95% of soundless know what they’re doing. Please don’t tell us which cog to attack, as it gets annoying.
• Sorry if we get bossy, or tell you guys which gags to choose when you already know! We get used to be the bosses, and sometimes it’s hard to let go of that. If you know what you’re doing, just speak up.
• We will go soundless for different reasons. I chose to be soundless when I was only six years old, and that was only because it was so weak! If I had chosen now, I would probably have gone dropless, but know I realize how awesome it is to be soundless! Most toons go soundless because they find sound boring and repetitive, or want a challenge. I have a friend who went soundless because she said so many people had it – something you normally only hear from toon-upless toons. I’ve met someone who did it because she wanted attention and to stand out. Others, have to choose between sound and lure for their last gag track, and most choose lure because it’s very helpful, and sound you really don’t need.

Last edited by Xeviya on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xeviya
Xeviya
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Back to top Go down

Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon Empty Re: Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon

Post by zippy mczap Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

Very nice! Might want to add that soundless toons should announce at the beginning that they're soundless, because not everyone checks gags and they need to know you can't do the one fog rule.
zippy mczap
zippy mczap
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

http://www.wix.com/zippymczap/allterraintoonsguild

Back to top Go down

Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon Empty Re: Guide to Playing with or Being a Soundless Toon

Post by Xeviya Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:53 am

Oh, thanks Zippy!! It never even occurred to me to put that.
Xeviya
Xeviya
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down